We went back to FPC for lunch and a productive discussion with Pastor Siggers, a very influential African American pastor in Hattiesburg. Pastor Siggers invited frank questions regarding bridging racial and other gaps in the body of Christ.
Next we returned to UCA. We were able to play educational games with the students, freeing up the teachers to do some much needed planning for the Fall semester.
|Pastor Nate Celebrating|
After the children left, we:
- Painted a bulletin board.
- Re-planted some flowers and herbs.
- Outlined some formulas on the wall of the Math classroom. They will get painted tomorrow.
- Put a top on a floor cabinet in the Math classroom.
- Continued to organize the Library
- Began to organize a large storage room that will be converted in to their cafeteria.
- Put another coat of paint on the cubby-style bookshelf.