Monday, June 25, 2007

Ooh, pick me!

Well, we had our last prep meeting for Biloxi Sunday night. Lisa reminded us that we have our plans and God has His. We'll pray that our's jibe with His. When they don't, we'll go with His. Smart, huh?

Lisa read out of Isaiah 6, "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted...". After Isaiah's close encounter with the living God, he responded to the call "of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" with "Here am I. Send me!". The Ginger-ism being "Ooh, pick me!" To remind us of, and encourage us in, that attitude Lisa handed out little, smiley, hoppy guys. A great idea! I hope we can survive the 17 hours of hopping to Biloxi.

We covered last minute details - transportation, eating, $$, tools (thanks, Bill!). Still lots of ends to tie up before Saturday. All the sub-teams are covering off their areas, seems to be starting to gel.

It's not totally clear what we'll be doing when we get there. Bob makes up the assignments each Saturday, so our work schedule won't be settled until we're on the road. So we'll definitely need our new, spiffin' T-shirts (Thanks, Jane!), especially the attitude on the logo - says it all.

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: